Prospective Board Members
Be part of the Réseau! Join one of our Boards of Directors!
Our network organizations rely on community members who share their talents, time and way of being as volunteer board members.
We invite you to consider joining a Board of Directors of one of our member organizations to use your skills to guide and shape its future.
The benefits of joining one of our boards
- Broaden your experience
- Work with a dynamic, committed board and leadership team
- Develop new skills
- Add new relationships to your network
- Give back to your community!
We believe in investing in people. Board members have the opportunity to hone their skills around the board table by:
- Taking part in conferences and learning opportunities;
- Participating in workshops and professional development opportunities, such as mindful leadership, mindfulness-based stress reduction, Indigenous cultural safety training, and more.
Our network touches the lives of thousands of Manitobans every year. Make a difference in your community!
Some of the roles and responsibilities of Board Members
For the Compassion Network, a board member of the network organization:
- Actively supports and promotes the mission of the network organization.
- Is knowledgeable about the mission, goals and mandate of the organization and is aware of trends in the community that may impact these issues.
- Brings his/her own training, skills and experience to all Board decisions.
- Contributes to the development agenda of the corporation, including active participation in corporation-sponsored events and activities.
- Understands the mission of Compassion Network and its expectations regarding sponsorship responsibility and the ongoing development of a culture of compassion.
- Respects and represents diversity.
- Pays attention to the powerless and voiceless.
Board governance is a process of vigilance and decision making. Good governance ensures that progress toward strategic goals and objectives that contribute to the organization’s future vision, good stewardship of resources and the interests of Réseau Compassion Network and its stakeholders are reflected in key decisions.
Within Réseau Compassion Network, all boards share a fundamental stewardship role. Each sponsored network member’s stewardship role includes at least five (5) key activities:
- Strategic planning for the organisation
- Identification and management of risk
- Ensuring leadership effectiveness and succession planning
- Communication with stakeholders
- Assuring internal financial control and management information systems are in place to make effective decisions
Thank you for your interest in the governance of our organizations. If you are not sure where your skills and interests might fit, or if you have questions or need more information, contact us and we will guide you to what is best for you!
Director of Governance Services and Corporate Secretary
We invite you to learn more about our network members and what types of requirements they have for their board of directors. Please choose an organization below to find out more!
- Abri Marguerite
- Centre Flavie
- Sara Riel
- Ste. Rose Health Centre
- St.Amant Foundation
- St. Boniface Hospital
- St. Boniface Hospital Foundation
- Winnipegosis & District Health Centre
- Youville Centre